With Microsoft announce Lync – Skype Connectivity, some problems occurred, asking our friend Google didn’t find any help.
– Users unable to add Skype users to their Lync Client
– The Skype user must be signed in with a Microsoft account (@ Hotmail , outlook, msn).
– If the Skype user is using their own email address as a Microsoft ID (for example, email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org or something similar).
then Lync user have to format their name like this when trying to add them as a contact: user(domain.com)@msn.com
Other reported Problem I found online:
1- Problem Lync user doesn’t receive “Contact Request” from his Skype friends.
– Solution: in Lync client go to Option > Alert > General alerts > select “Tell me when Someone add me to their contact List”
2- Problem with Lync – Skype Audio Calls sometime fails
– Solution according to Microsoft this happen less than 1% of the times, and it’s scheduled to be fixed by update to be released by 30 June 2013.
You can find a lot of other reported problems and workaround for them in the amazing Lync Wiki